Oct 26, 2012

Friday Recap!

It's been super busy around here..

Nine weeks just ended for us... that means report cards.... All good there! A's and B's across the board. The girls are enrolled in a gifted program so academics are a bit harder. They enjoy the challenge, and I love the extra care the teachers put into their students. They are also enrolled in Study of the Arts, which is two hours a day studying dance, music, art, theater etc. The second oldest (Oldest is in college) is the Arts program, the third is my ballerina and fourth is my little actress in training, taking Theater. We are so lucky to have these programs within our public schools. I feel like each one has been able to follow their dreams (so far) and truly challenge themselves. The teachers are *amazing*. Seriously. They know their stuff.


On the home front, Ollie is crawling everywhere, climbing everywhere and getting into everything. Of course that means he's had his share of bumps and falls... in this picture he's got a bruise on his head from one of his explorations.  He loves pouncing on his sisters and brother, just like a puppy. Just today he tried to stand upright without holding onto anything. We may be on the way to walking sooner than later. I'll take later thank you very much! I'm in no hurry to see baby boy grow up. *boo hoo*


On the Business front, Shop for SIDS was great! I met so many new people, and the Event host went above and beyond their call of duty. I'm telling you.... they FED us. Sausage egg biscuits for breakfast,  pizza for lunch, bottled water, soda, you name it.


What I really love is that every penny of the vendor fees went to buy a safe crib for a baby in need. These folks are just FULL of good deeds. After seeing so many tragedies in the news this week, it really warms my heart to know there are good people, fighting for an unselfish cause. If you'd like to learn more about SIDS check out this link: MS SIDS Alliance. My babies are my world. We need to do everything we can to protect them, love them and give them the best start possible.


I'll be back at the MS Farmer's Market on High St this Saturday, with several new items (BABY items. hint hint) so stop on in and sit a spell! I always have an extra chair at my booth for friends to visit. See yall there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)