Sep 13, 2012

Family days and a side of quilting

August was... WOW.

Birthdays
... My oldest turned 18 or... HOLY COW! I'm the mama to an ADULT! I'm still not claiming my old lady badge... yet.... But so grown, smart and beautiful. I have no idea where the time went. Seems like just yesterday she was 2 and planting daffodils in the yard with my mom. Or 5 and riding her bike all over the place. *sigh* I'm thankful. I'm thankful she's turned into such a wonderful young lady. I hope her adult life treats her well. She deserves it!

Lexi turned 9! Such a big girl now. But this age... so hard to find the "right" gift.  Most toys are to young, girly stuff is to "old" and everything in between is... commercialized boy band, boy crazy JUNK. Next year I'll just give her a  gift certificate for junk food since that seems to be all she really loves to spend her money on lately. 

Paul! Haha Mr. Batman turned 27. There's an 8  year difference between us but it works. We did cake and ice cream, just the family. He's my rock and my opposite. I couldn't love anyone more than THIS guy. 

We also celebrated our 3 year anniversary. Two babies in 3 years... and so, so much more. I'm looking forward to many, many more anniversaries with Mr. Batman. We make an awesome team. 

Not only did we celebrate a plethora of family holidays, we also started back to school. Homeschooling for the little ones and "regular" school for the older kiddos. Not an easy combo but we manage to make it work. This year I'll be homeschooling 4th, K and preschool. FUN!!! We're looking forward to lots of science experiments and writing. Lots and LOTS of writing. Now that Ollie is a bit bigger we're also hoping to get out more for field trips. We'll see!

In the sewing world, I've completed several quilts, including this one that I finished quilting this morning:


Don't you LOVE my camera phone?? It's a wonder the thing still works. Anyway, terrible lighting, fuzzy photo and overall bad photography aside, you get the idea. This quilt still needs binding... I'm thinking a small black and white stripe, but haven't decided just yet. This one will be in my Deaf Mama Designs Shop. I've been slowly adding more quilts to the shop and working on the overall look, so check it out! Don't forget to check out the gallery for quilts I've made in the past. Let me know what you think, I'm always up for suggestions.

That's all for today!


2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! You can't beat awesome colors and zigzags put together. Congrats on the anniversary, and may you have many more adventures together :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts :)