Sep 15, 2012

Roses and the Naked Ladies

So the fall flowers aren't overflowing just yet since the flowerbed is only a few weeks old... but here's a snippit of what I get to see every day... and hopefully my neighbors get to enjoy them also .


These are Spider Lilies, aka Naked Ladies... I dug these bulbs up from my mom's house years ago and they've been blooming and multiplying ever since. The bulbs seem to just sit there... and sit there... nothing... then suddenly they start shooting up left and right, almost overnight. It takes about 3 days to go from sprouting out of the ground to full bloom.


Not a good shot but this is my Scentinial rose.. smells like a sweet perfume. I love the combination of red and white.. the color (in real life!) is so beautiful! I've planted this rose close to the front door, in hopes that this rose gets much, much bigger as the nursery owner promised. Natural air freshener!



This the Pinata Rose... another lovely. I'm so crazy about orange. This rose starts off with a yellow bud, then opens to more orange and before the bloom fades it goes to red. Finally it fades to red and whites, just lovely!! There isn't much to the scent, but it truly makes up for it in tons of flowers and color. Amazing to watch the colors change over the course of a day.



As you can see I need to spend some time weeding and mulching. I'm ready to get through the winter with lots of quilting and home renovations, then it will be on to spring. One day at a time!

Here's two of the crew that are keeping me busy today-




Have a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)