Sep 14, 2012

Daffa Daffa Daffa Dils!

Happy Friday everyone!

We made it through the week with minimal damage. No missed buses, no ER visits, fires, 911 calls or anything dramatic.I'd even go so far as to call it somewhat a boring week. No complaints here, boring is always good and I hope it stays that way.

 *knock on wood*

The summer roses are still blooming, which I love. My Scentinial Rose is giving me about one or two blooms at a time, while the Pinata roses look like they are ready to explode. The buds are just showing, but I'll get a picture soon. I LOVE flower gardening! Right now I'm loving it more than sewing even, though I'm just a newb learning all the ropes. I guess my "specialty" should be roses, since I keep collecting new rose bushes every time I am at the market. There is a local vendor there that really knows his roses and gives me an awesome hookup on new plants. At this rate, we're going to have to get a bigger house so I can have a bigger yard... but for now this will do! I reallllllly love my roses.... but...

Roses only bloom in spring and summer... so I've got to have something pretty in the yard year round... for very early spring I've ordered some bulbs to plant... and I can't WAIT till they get here. I've been checking the mail daily, just waiting for them to come in the mail.



Pink Daffodils! Aren't they ADORABLE??? Seriously... I love the good ole yellow kind, and if these don't work out I'll go back to the old fashioned... but I LOVE these. I loved them so much I ordered 50 of them. *sigh* I don't think I do anything on a small scale, like, ever. Anyone who has seen me in the same room with chocolate or cheesecake or kids or quilts or fabric can attest to this. "Go big or go home!!!" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


I hope you have a great weekend, I'll be stalking my mail lady in hopes that my daffodils are in her care!

*Update- After speaking with the seller it turns out that my daffodils won't be here until sometime next week. What a bummer! But... they're pink daffodils so that makes it entirely worth it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)