Jul 9, 2012



Gawsh! Today went by so fast I barely felt it! Right now we're in the process of rearranging rooms and attempting to declutter the house. Easily said but not so much done, since I went to goodwill and scored a buncha fun things. whoops! More on that later. As of now, we're going to paint some bunk beds, small end table, wooden school desk and refinish a large desk. We as in me. S'all good though, since one of my favorite things to do when I'm not sewing is to redo furniture. I don't get to do it to often, but looks like I've got plenty in line now. 

This week I finished this quilt....



and finished this quilt top...

I'll get the second quilt quilted up this week. All the strips were from scraps and the most shamefully ugly fabric I own(ed). Amazing what chopping up fabric into 2.5 inch strips and resewing them can do. It's still pretty funky up close, but I'm kinda liking it. I'll definitely be making another version of this design in the near future. For now I can't wait to see it all finished up! Unfortunately, even after all that sewing, my scrap bins are still overflowing. 

Before I make any more scrappies I'm finishing up a mod quilt for a custom order. I've been taking pictures here and there through the process so I can show how I go about making a memorial quilt. I love making these quilts because they are so special and sentimental.

But it's all good for now. Going to snuggle with the hubs and get some sleep! Last night in my dreams I was designing quilts left and right on EQ7. I'm just that excited!!!! Maybe tonight I'll dream about finishing all these tops I have, because I sure do need the inspiration! 

Sweet dreams yall!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)