Aug 15, 2014

Wacky Week!

When you have a family as large as ours, the good and the bad come fast and furious. We've learned to roll with the punches and make the best of it, even on our worst days.

Read on after the break!



After the kids went swimming on Sunday, Catfish was still breaking out. By Monday night he was *covered* with spots. Off to the doctor we went, where he was confirmed to have the Roseola virus. I've never heard of this childhood virus until this week. Apparently it's very common and not to worrisome since it lasts about a week. Most people aren't even aware they have the virus, only a fever and a slight rash. Catfish had the opposite (OF COURSE HE DID!!) with a whole lotta rash and almost no fever. But look at this FACE!!! He makes for an adorable spotted mutant baby yes?
Catfish being cute even though
he's a temporarily spotted mutant  



He'll be all peaches and cream complexion again in a few days, and maybe I'll get a little more sleep then too. In the above picture he actually has improved compared to yesterday. The spots have started to fade to a pink color, whereas yesterday they were bright, bright red.  For now I can't help but think he's adorable in a "Mommy I don't feel good" sort of way. 

Then there was the episode where the dog ran out the front door and Alexis chased him down, but not before face diving for the wet sidewalk. She got a terrible scraped up knee from the ordeal. On the upside, tomorrow is her birthday! Finally we get to have cake and ice cream again. (I really should have spaced out their birthdays better!)

Also, I made these wreaths...

Terrible picture I know. Both are for wedding decorations, maybe someone will take a better picture once they're up. I'm not a fan of the bow, but being non-wired satin ribbon, there wasn't a whole lot to be done.

Lots more in the works but I've got to get ready for market tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to snap some pictures of these quilts I've finished. Actually, hopefully I don't, and they sell as soon as they hit the sales table! Talk soon!

PS- Let me know what you think of the new  blog look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)