Mar 12, 2013

Chunky Churn Dash is Complete!

I am currently obsessed with with Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website!! The quilts are easy, use up tons of scraps and they're just FUN. If you don't follow her on facebook you really should. She's always on the go, so I get tired for her when I read her blog updates.

So here's my version of Chunky Churn Dash:

Normally I like to stick to slightly larger pieces, 2.5" being my favorite. This quilt uses 1.5" pieces at it's smallest, not to bad but definately got me to step out of my "big strips" box. I really enjoyed that! Now I'm not afraid to keep the smaller scraps for future use. I love how the triangle blocks offset the  churn dash blocks to look as if they are set on point. The whole quilt measures 86" x 86", perfect for a full size bed. I keep saying I need to go bigger or smaller, but my quilting brain thinks full size is perfect. 



Next up I'll be making a nautical themed baby quilt and finishing up a snowball quilt (posted about it before, have since redone the sample blocks). As of tomorrow we'll be painting the living room, entry way and hall, so not much sewing will be going on for me. Talk about "enjoying" Spring Break! Hope yall are having fun!

XOXOXO

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)