Feb 17, 2013

I'm on a finishing line! Or, New quilts in the shop!

I HAD to. I've been following Bonnie Hunt at  Quiltville for-eeeeevah now. Her blogs and tutorials have taught me so crazy much, I have to go back and read through every so often as a refresher. I had bookmarked the "Scrappy Trip Around the World" but when the whole craze came through, I knew I had to make it RIGHT NOW. So I did. It was so. much. fun! Bonnie's method makes it fairly simple and I love that I could really dig into the scraps and get those used up. I could literally SWIM in my scraps, there's just to many. One quilt at a time and I'm hoping to dig my way out! So.
 Without further ado, I give you my version of Trip Around the World.



Next up is my version of Chain Reaction, a pattern I picked up from Craftsy.com. This one went together ok, but if you like to slash and dash quilt, this one will require a bit more careful cutting. I really love the look of it, so sweet and girly! And yes, this one is available in the online store also!


And finally, a Map quilt! Kids, teachers and homeschooling moms luuuuuuuurve this quilt. It's great as a wall hanging or to toss on the floor for a geography lesson. (or three, because kids really love this one.) Of course I didn't make the print, but I did all the fancy pancy quilting on it, and I hand sewed the binding, so lots of love goes into these quilts also! 


Now that those are finished I feel a bit lost! I still have a few things I've  procrasinated on, but those will be done soon too... stay tuned to see what I can whip up next!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)