Oct 3, 2012

Lean Mean Quilting Machine



This year, I inherited my mother's long arm quilter. If I did my math correctly, the long arm is about 23 years old! So she's not fancy, no computerized stitches or buttons to push. Just a lever to make her go, and a switch to turn the light on and off. Quite simple, until you need to thread from scratch. I thank the genius that came up with picture diagrams!





So this is the quilt I'm working on. The quilt top has been finished for so long I've forgotten where I got the pattern or what it is called! Essentially it's hst's with a star-ish layout. I'm quilting with a freehand curly-q design. I do use other quilting techniques, but I always end up going back to the curly-q design, just because I love the look of it. 



Yeah. That's my lovely view of the "other" (aka hubby's) side of the sewing room. But, this is just to show you that A) I'm a hot mess. B) I still have a lot of work to do (that table needs to be refinished asap! Sadly, there's actually two tables in that picture) and C) I need to have some accountability so that I get this mess done. Sewing is fun. Cleaning is NOT. Guess which one I'll be doing today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts :)